Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Goal One

The first goal, and probably the most important for the immediate future, is to lose weight. I have battled this all of my adult life and there is no time better than now to make a change. Step one in this process is to change my eating habits. I consume far too much sugary goodness and not enough fruits and vegetables. I am also a big fan of John Pemberton's invention of Coca Cola. Regardless, I have already begun changing my food intake. Part of this blog will serve as a food and exercise diary, in which I will list all physical exercise and all food and drink that I consume. So let's start this off right.

The first step I took has been to increase my water intake. Since yesterday morning, water has been the only beverage going down my gullet. I am attempting to steadily increase my water consumption to at least 4 quarts a day.

Breakfast 6:30AM- Egg Salad consisting of 2 hardboiled eggs, Cholula Hot Sauce(0 calories), French's Yellow Mustard(also 0 calories) and a banana.

Mid morning snack 9am- 2 slices of ham rolled up in 1 slice of swiss cheese with a dab of mayo

Lunch Noon- Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pocket, two tablespoons of cottage cheese and a small cup of brown rice.

Dinner 6:15pm- Some kind of steamer bag. Cooks in the microwave and very tasty. It was asian inspired with lots of vegetables and a fair amount of chicken. I ate most of the bag even though there were two servings. It was about 550 calories for the entire bag, which was the biggest meal I had today.

I missed my mid-afternoon snack and I'll probably have a low-cal fiber rich granola bar around 9. The plan I am following is a three hour diet type plan. 3 meals and 3 snacks throughout the day spread about 3 hours apart. I drank water again all day and one glass of sugar free tang with my lunch. I went to Walmart today and bought three 1-qt mixer bottles to keep my daily supply of water in. This should help me make sure I am drinking enough each day.

Unfiltered Item of the Day- The water is already paying off. My urine has changed from deep amber to a very light yellow. This is most likely from my body finally getting properly hydrated.

On the exercise front it was rainy all day so outdoor activity was limited. I went through a program of stretches inside the house. I am so out of shape that it is going to take a few weeks to build into a solid exercise program. In addition to the stretching, I parked further than normal from the door at Wally World and spent an extra 15 minutes or so walking around.

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge on the food front. I have to work, and that means not leaving campus for lunch. I am going to have to take something with me to snack on and make sure I keep my calories in check.


No comments:

Post a Comment